I got frustrated that that I didn’t have enough basil. I have a fairly well doing greek basil but I wanted more! So I brought a cheap packet of basil seeds from the super market. A mixed packet. And I put them all into a seedling tray not reading how many seeds were in the packet, and also thinking that the germination rate might not be 100%. I ended up with this.
I ended up with SO MANY seedlings. SO MANY. Next time I will read the number of seeds in the packet. So I started planting them. First a few in a planter out front. Then some more in some seedling pots, and then I just started putting them anywhere. The above picture is how many I have not planted out yet.
Here they are in the seedling pots.
And here they are in just one of the beds I have planted them in.
These are the planter box ones I planted first. I love just how mixted they are. There are also some greek basil here that I took seed from my existing plant. I have also started just using any pot I have to plant more of the seedlings, but I think I am officially done with how many I will be planting out. I may use the rest as a microherb garnish on something. Maybe.